Whenever I order Asian takeout I’m usually left with some extra brown rice. Too many times the rice goes bad before I have a chance to use it. This time I decided to make a healthy version of fried rice.
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Head saute pan over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add onion & carrots to pan and cook until softened. Add broccoli and continue to cook vegetables. Once all vegetables are cooked add garlic and ground ginger and cook for one minute.
- Heat brown rice in microwave.
- Whisk egg and egg white in bowl.
- Stir brown rice in with vegetables until combined. Make a whole in the middle of the pan and add the egg. Scramble the egg and then toss with the rice and vegetables.
- Season rice with soy sauce and sesame oil.
Nutrition Information: 367 calories, 11 grams fat (2 grams saturated fat), 52 grams carbohydrate, 7 grams fiber, 17 grams protein