After holiday weekends, a lot of my clients come in feeling bloating, tired, and wanting to detox. Today is no different; most people ate too much sugar over the Halloween weekend. I am not a promoter of the typical “detox” you may be familiar with, but this is what I recommend. If you eat this way for a few days you will feel so much better!
- Drink a lot of water
- Sweat! Make sure to get some sort of exercise
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Avoid all artificial sweeteners and regular sugar
- Avoid all processed food
- Avoid all alcohol
- Avoid all refined carbohydrates
- Consume – fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, low fat dairy and healthy fat
- Don’t stress about what you consumed in the past, all you can do is work on the future
While I do recommend moderation of sweets and treats, sometimes it’s good to give your body a break from the added sugars and other processed foods. As always, listen to your body and feed it appropriately. It is happiest when you give it food in its natural whole state.