Try this recipe tonight and I promise you will not be disappointed! It has 5 ingredients and is quick to make. My husband yummed throughout the meal and said “I would pay for this at a restaurant” – he’s a very tough critic so that meant a lot!
Chicken Stuffed with Goat Cheese & Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 4- 4 ounce chicken breasts, thinly sliced (I buy the Murray’s thinly sliced one to minimize the work).
- 4 sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained (you can use the dry ones but make sure to rehydrate with boiling water first)
- 2 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper to tast
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare 2 ounces of goat cheese in one small bowl, set aside.
- Finely chop the sun dried tomatoes, combine with goat cheese, set aside.
- Crack egg, and place egg white in a small bowl, set aside.
- Place breadcrumbs in a small dish, set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts on your working surface, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add 1/4 of the tomato cheese mixture in the middle of each breast, then roll and secure with a toothpick (I didn’t have tooth picks so mine opened a bit).
- Dip each rolled chicken breast in egg whites and then breadcrumbs.
- Place on dish prepared with cooking spray. Do not crowd the breasts, otherwise they will take longer to cook.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, check for doneness (oven temperatures and cooking times may vary).
Nutrition Information: (per breast, 4 servings)
- 204 calories, 8 grams fat, 4 grams saturated fat, 5 grams carbohydrate, 29 grams protein
I served mine with a side of roasted sweet potatoes and roasted cauliflower – yum!