The cold months scream soup to me, and there’s nothing better than coming home from a long day and finding one ready for you via the Slow Cooker! Yetserday I put my slow cooker to good use. I threw all the ingredients in the pot, set it on low for 8 hours, and came home to warm deliciousness.
Slow Cooker: Mushroom Barley Soup
- 1/2 pound White Button Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 pound Baby Bella Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup pearl barley
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker
- Set on low for 6-8 hours
- Once finished, taste for seasoning
Do you cook soups in your slow cooker?