When you have a baby your life literally gets turned upside down. If you were an organized person who liked to plan a lot (like me!) suddenly you can’t do that anymore! You have to go with the flow. Right now I’m having a hard time finding time to do anything because Hannah refuses to nap 🙂
Even though life is crazy and being organized is not really happening, it’s not an excuse to lead an unhealthy lifestyle. So what do I recommend? You must make things easy on yourself! Here are some recommendations:
- Get groceries delivered! I’ve spoken about Fresh Direct before, but now I’m even a greater advocate. Having your groceries delivered is definitely the way to go. At night once Hannah goes to sleep I can try to think about what I need in the apartment for some simple meals and snacks and place an order. It’s so simple!
- Buy prepped food. You will pay extra, but if it actually makes you use the food then it’s worth it! Buy the pre-chopped fruits and vegetables. Spring for the thin cut chicken cutlets. Choose the lettuce in the bag (even though you should still wash it before eating).
- Treat yourself! You may not have the time to make a salad – all the chopping and prepping can take a lot of time. So treat yourself to a salad out – this way you know you’re getting in a healthy meal, and not spending all the time making it yourself!
- Keep frozen meals on hand. Eating fresh is the way to go, but sometimes it is just not possible! Keep frozen meals around so you can have a quick meal in a pinch. My favorites are Kashi and Amy’s. Bulk them up with frozen vegetables, you can microwave them all together. And it’s healthier than takeout!
- Buy pre-made food from your local health food store. If you have a Whole Foods near by or something similar shop from their prepared food section. There will be lots of healthy choices and all you have to do is warm it up! At Whole Foods you can buy pre-made salmon or chicken, lots of wonderful veggies and delicious whole grains. Just be careful that the things you choose aren’t swimming in oil – just because it comes from a health food store does not mean it’s healthy!
How do you make things easier on yourself?
Filed under: Uncategorized |