Are you feeling completely exhausted this morning? Did you totally overdo it on the halloween treats this weekend? If so, do not give into depriving yourself today to makeup for it!
You may be thinking:
- I’m going to skip breakfast because I’m not hungry and I need to save calories
- I’m going to have a salad for lunch
- I’ll skip my afternoon snack
- I’ll have a frozen dinner tonight
- I’m going to hit the gym hard!
If these are your thoughts, you may want to rethink your plan.
By skipping meals and eating very lightly but working out hard you are going to be starving, lightheaded and without energy by the evening. Then all your plans to “be good” will go down the drain.
Start the day off well. Remember some less healthy choices one day does not unwind an entire week of good eating. It’s ok, move on! Here are some tips for the day:
- Do not skip breakfast! If you’re not hungry have something small like a piece of fruit with a few nuts. Try to get in some fiber and protein.
- Have a balanced lunch: vegetables, lean protein, whole grains and some healthy fat.
- Enjoy a healthy afternoon snack: an easy idea would be low fat cheese plus a piece of fruit.
- Finish with a healthy but satisfying dinner: a big salad to start, lean protein, whole grains and vegetables.
- One thing you can do is skip the treat today since you did have enough this past weekend. Forgo the wine, the extra bread and the sweets that you may normally partake in.
You’ll feel so much better tomorrow morning if you follow these tips!
What was your favorite halloween treat?
For me it was the buckeye I had at a halloween party last night. Buckeyes are chocolate peanut butter balls…so yummy!
Here’s a photo of Hannah dressed up as a cow